A strange sight in office today made me question or found a trend amongst working women.
In the past, we have often heard how women rave about the latest fashion, Gucci, LV.... yadayadayada.. That is now a thing of a past (not completely but somehow reduced). Something has now taken over the craze for women. Babies. *lightning strike and thunder roll* Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Just today, I noticed how a baby attracts the attention of so many in the office amongst the working women From the manager to my colleague. Heads just turned like as if they saw a sexy man walking down the office. Yet when I turned and look, hoping for some cute looking dude, it was a baby of a colleague from another team. No idea why the baby is doing in office, but yeap, she was the star for the afternoon. Women started "queing" and "crowding" to take turns to carry the baby.
At this point in time, I turned around to my already baby fanatic colleague and said to her : "The latest fashion is no longer LV or Gucci, it is called - Baby." Every woman seems to yearn to have a baby in hand! Well, or at least for women at a certain age. Perhaps at that age, it signifies a level that you are in - approaching or already in Motherhood means something more. To me - the maternity leave - 4 months, the baby cash bonus from office, government bonus and additional child care leave would probably be the only first few thoughts I would have if I do ever want to have a baby of my own now. hah sounds really selfish?! But on a more serious note, when all these run out, do I think I am able to manage a baby? Nah.. I think it's still really early. I need to learn to take care of myself and also another baby - which usually means the boyfriend - *ahem ahem* before the baby craze would even come near me.
As the saying always goes - It's always nice to play with babies and they are all so cute - only when they are not your own babies.
Maybe one day. One day I will be hit by this latest fashion in office. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment