It has been many years.
Since 17, you have been part of my life.
A part which took me very long to accept. A part which brings me shame.
A part which let me not know what to do.
It took many years of courage and strength to accept you as part of me.
I started out always ignoring you to be part of me.
I allowed you to take control and I ended up living my life like you never existed.
Not many people know about you. Many friends doesn't know of your existence even up till today Only a handful of friends know and sometimes I thank god for them.
To someway somehow remind me that I have you.
It took me that one hard lesson to finally accepted you in my life.
To acknowledge that you will never go away and be part of me for the rest of my life.
I thank god for that one hard lesson. Thou the efforts are tiring sometimes. The amount of hours I have to put in just so to keep you controlled can be slightly overwhelming.
But whenever I see the results every quarter, it proves that hard work do payoff.
I have learnt to appreciate you and to take you seriously. Thou at times I tend to slack off and ignore your presence but I guess I am still human afterall.
This journey is not going to be easy having you to be part of my life.
But we will walk together for a better life ahead.
This little writeup of you and our journey is to remind myself how far I have come by with you.
It's been 12 years my old friend, Mr D (iabetes).
No comments:
Post a Comment